MMBlog

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Il Basket D'Italia

 



Book Passage Press owner Elaine Petrocelli presented me with a copy when I surprised several as a sportswriter that wants to learn travel writing. 

I was there at their annual Travel Writer's Conference in the summer of 1995 in Corte Madera, California. I jumped on this one as soon as I got home to Laredo, Texas, and felt I had been to Italy. I still haven't gotten there, but it remains on top of my bucket list. I gotta get there someday.

The content moved smoothly through the season, venues, and standout personalities. It was not a waste of time. I appreciate Mrs. Petrocelli's thoughtfulness.

I attended the conference the following year, too. I met Isabel Allende, Peter Mayle, many awesome people, and took some classes from Donald George and Simon Winchester. It was time well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home