MMBlog

Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Camera Never Blinks



 I read this when I was about to suddenly enter the throes of a divorce I didn't see coming. That can mess with your memory, and ability to write things down when you are quite distracted. I don't remember if Goodreads was around then. I don't think it was.

At that time I was still in radio and could identify with the younger Dan Rather. We were both from Houston, both did play-by-play sportscasting, covered news, familiar with the same high schools and universities. It went on. I followed him pretty well until the time of his undoing at CBS and then saw him again some in his TV interview program. He is usually interesting and informative.

The book was pretty good, and it should've with co-author Mickey Herskowitz, one of my favorite Houston journalists and writers. 
(less) [edit]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home