MMBlog

Thursday, April 15, 2021

The First And The Last

 


Understanding at an early age that both sides of a story are vital to get a true picture, I found this Ballantine Book by Adolph Galland quite an eye-opener. Anything from the other side was very hard to find at that time.

Galland's account of his role in Germany's air war was largely just factual, and he didn't shy away from too many details, but it was a long book. Back then that didn't bother me. His content told more about the odds, advantages, and aerial hardware in WWII. 

I was always an aviation fan and hadn't yet realized that my motor skills and eyesight would prevent me from flying the planes flying overhead. I could still dream at that stage, and that made the long book read quicker, too. I finished it right before school started for the seventh grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home