MMBlog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013


Blending East and West: Understanding the Changing Chinese SocietyBlending East and West: Understanding the Changing Chinese Society by Eileen Tsang, Mike Igoe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this one written by two colleagues with different, but able backgrounds. The blend of writing styles works here.

Tsang is the more academic scholar from Hong Kong, and Igoe is the veteran television journalist. Together, their styles mix well to tell an interesting story of what is going on in China. This is essentially a galley of a classroom-bound book, but can read well beyond school assignments here.

The combination reminds me a little of Larry Collins and Dominic LaPierre, who wrote "Is Paris Burning?" and "Or I'll Dress You in Mourning," and several other successes.

It is too early to tell if their combined efforts will achieve such heights, but they might be worth keeping an eye on.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home