MMBlog

Monday, December 28, 2009

David Brinkley's last report

Brinkley's Beat: People, Places, and Events That Shaped My Time Brinkley's Beat: People, Places, and Events That Shaped My Time by David Brinkley


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I grew up watching the Huntley-Brinkley Report on NBC, so I thought I knew what to expect -- I was very wrong. David Brinkley's observations over the many busy decades in which he lived surprised me all the way through.

I especially liked his places sections, and observations on Vienna, Austria, where a grad school friend now lives. The Viennese sound so laid back that I believe I really have to go there some day. Brinkley's somewhat introspective observations of the American South, and Washington, D.C., and the people associated with all of that made it much better reading, too.

Also, especially helpful, this is a large print edition, and I really appreciate that.

This is a great book for anyone interested in journalism, recent American history, or television news. It is pretty good.

View all my reviews >>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home