MMBlog

Monday, September 22, 2008

Fumbling handled well at goal line

Fumbling: A Journey of Love, Adventure, and Renewal on the Camino de Santiago Fumbling: A Journey of Love, Adventure, and Renewal on the Camino de Santiago by Kerry Egan


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
It could be much stronger, without all of her religious rants, but some are relevant, too, and she is a chaplain. Still, I like it, in part, because I actually walked a few miles of the Camino de Santiago, or Way of St. James, several years ago when I had a girlfriend up in the province of Navarra, Spain.



It's good narrative-descriptive, aside from the religious parts, and I see it as something of a guide -- to both writing and a desire to walk the whole thing one of these days. The food, water, wine, nightlife, scenery, and photo opportunities along almost all of the trek is awe-inspiring, so when it seems that walking the 500 miles, or so, works for book material for so many other authors -- and it could help shave off a few pounds -- why not?



Egan's ability to close strong upgraded her from a three to four star read from my perspective. Egan carried some tangents too long but, in the end, didn't fumble Fumbling.


View all my reviews.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home