MMBlog

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

It's Not About The Tapas

It's Not About the Tapas: A Spanish Adventure on Two Wheels It's Not About the Tapas: A Spanish Adventure on Two Wheels by Polly Evans


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This reads like a brisk ride through a pleasing, scenic country road with nothing but clean air zipping into your nostrils, prompting a smile that won't stop.
It's Not About the Tapas is written by Polly Evans, a former Hong Kong-based British journalist out to regain some physical strength after deadlines, and such added on some flab. You can feel the personal and spiritual victories each kilometer, or word, gives her.
It heled my reading, knowing very well some of the places she peddled through, as well as the Spanish characterics she brought out so well in varying scenes -- be it large city or obscure village. She started in San Sebastian, working down into and through much of Catalonia before including Arcos de la Frontera, Grazelema, Sevilla and many other places that I wish I could visit fairly often.
There is a certain joy of life in Evans' writing, and that, I wish I could capture for myself, too. Tapas is inspiring and escapist. I really enjoyed it -- all the 1,010 miles she peddled, and the side trips, too.

View all my reviews >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home