MMBlog

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Pacific Sail by Roger Morris

 



Numerous words express what I feel I experienced lifting this coffee table book. I'm glad I finished it, but feel I learned from it, and I plan to keep it around for reference. My second WIP is historic fiction set largely in the Pacific. Roger Morris's Pacific Sail could be very useful. 

Parts of it read like good escape material, and some was entirely too deep in sailing jargon for me to follow -- especially with only one afternoon under my sailing belt many, many years ago in Morro Bay, California. Some readers might love the book, and mentally marry it, and others probably might never finish it. It also was written in much more first-person than most readers might accept, but Morris is, or was, a professional sailor, and artist. He did the artwork himself.

Any lasting decisions on Pacific Sail will likely take me a while longer to consider, but I'm happy to have read it, despite some rough reading waves scattered around. So, would I read it again? Sure. Parts of it. Most of the content read very well. For me, it was well worth the time and few dollars spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home